Free Kindle Downloads

FREE KINDLE DOWNLOADS Grab these quickly ~ they are limited time offers! Some of these books have been available for awhile and could expire unexpectedly. Check to be sure they're free before you click 'download'.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

CHAI TEA RECIPE

I LOVE CHAI TEA!!! It should be on my tombstone, I love it so much. LOL. But man it can get expensive at those coffee shops. That's why I love this recipe so much. I found it in a magazine then tweaked it to my taste. Tanner and I made it for Christmas gifts this year and it seemed to go over well. I have a container of it at work so I can make a cup whenever I want. Let me know if you try it.

Spiced Chai Mix

SERVINGS: 26
TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
Ingredients:
3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1-3/4 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened instant tea
1 1/4 cup vanilla powdered nondairy creamer
1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
OPTIONAL GARNISH: Whipped cream

Directions:
In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients; cover and process until powdery. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
To prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 tablespoons of mix in 3/4 cup boiling water; stir well. Dollop with whipped cream if desired (Uh, yeah, I desire) Yield: about 5-6 cups mix (26 servings).

Also, if you want it richer make it with steamed milk or half milk half water. That’s more like the coffee shop type. :)

1 comment:

donna said...

I love chai tea, this look like a great recipe!

http://rebornbutterfly.wordpress.com/