Free Kindle Downloads

FREE KINDLE DOWNLOADS Grab these quickly ~ they are limited time offers! Some of these books have been available for awhile and could expire unexpectedly. Check to be sure they're free before you click 'download'.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Finding Father Christmas...Makes A Perfect Christmas Gift

I've been doing some marathon reading this weekend. My TBR stack was brimming over and I was feeling a little overwhelmed with all the choices I had for my holiday weekend read. I got through three Love Inspired's that I'm going to share with you later this week and I still had room for one more short story. I found Finding Father Christmas on my shelf and seeing that it was a novella and should be a fairly quick read I figured I'd give it a shot.

I wasn't prepared to be drawn into the story like I was. I don't know why, since I've read many Robin Jones Gunn books and have loved them all. I think it was that this book was a novella and I'm the first to say that sometimes the word count is so small that I feel like the story is rushed.

That was not the case with this book. I was transported to another place and felt like I knew the characters or at the least would have liked to know the characters. :) The writing was so fresh and almost poetic that I couldn't put it down. I finished the book in just a couple hours and was thrilled to see that there's another book planned. Engaging Father Christmas. I can't wait to pick that one up.

The story finds Miranda Carson to England in search of her unknown father. It opens with Miranda stopping at the Tea Cosy for a spot of tea and a scone. As I was reading I couldn't help but think how great this book would be in a lovely basket and paired with some flavorful teas and cookies. What a nice Christmas gift it would make.

Here's the blurb from Robin's website and you'll want to go to her website to see the trip that inspired the book.

In Finding Father Christmas, Robin brings readers a poignant Christmas novella about a woman, desperate for a place to belong, who travels to England a few days before Christmas, looking for the father she never knew.

Miranda Carson's search for her father takes a turn she never expected when she finds herself in London, with only a few feeble clues to who he might be.

Unexpectedly welcomed into a family that doesn't recognize her, and whom she's quickly coming to love, she faces a terrible decision. Should she reveal her true identity and destroy their idyllic image of her father? Or should she carry the truth home with her to San Francisco and remain alone in this world? Whatever choice she makes during this London Christmas will forever change the future for both herself and the family she can't bear to leave.

Be sure to add Finding Father Christmas to your Christmas list!

1 comment:

Ausjenny said...

Oh i cant wait to get this book, a friend is sending it to me (I hope) said it may take a while being its coming from america.
I love reading christmas fiction at this time of year.